Thursday, April 13, 2006

She's 3 weeks old today




It hits me like a truck this morning on the way to work. My baby is 3 weeks old today! It seems like a dream that Tracie and I have this beautiful, feisty little girl in our lives. I remember like it was yesterday when Tracie bounded out of the bathroom Saturday morning with a glint in her eyes.

"Guess what?" she delightedly asked.

I sat up sleepily and said "You're pregnant?"

She was practically glowing when she showed me the pregnancy test. It showed a blue cross, which meant it was positive.

"That's great, baby!" I said, "Are you sure?"

Being Mr. Cautious so not to celebrate prematurely, I suggested, "Why don't you go pee on another popsicle stick so we can be sure."

We've been trying to start a family for a few months now so we're being overly cautious. Tracie decided to try the test again and sure enough, it was positive. We decided not to tell her parents who were visiting us for a week. We thought we should wait a little longer to make sure everything was fine before announcing it to the world. Afterall, it's only been a few days since she missed her period. That didn't last long. Tracie told her mom that morning, who told her dad right away. That night, I started calling all of my family to share the good news. That was last July but it felt like yesterday.

My baby is just adorable. Daddy cannot imagine how incomplete his life has been without her. Thank you, Sydney, for bringing more sunshine into Daddy's life. I love you, little girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home