Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

It's evening on Easter Sunday and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even Sydney. Mommy and Sydney are taking their afternoon nap. Mother-in-law is in her room talking on the phone with father-in-law. I get to take a break and spend a little quiet time upstairs and online. I've spent the day mowing the lawn, babysitting a bit and ironing. Everyone is tired and needing some downtime. We spent yesterday evening at Tracie's aunt's place for a party to celebrate the 1-month birthday of one of her cousin's second child. I'm not sure if that last sentence made much sense but you get the drift. Sydney did great. She was cranky for just a few minutes but Tracie's aunt and cousins took turn holding her. She drifted off to sleep in their arms. Everyone commented on how much she looked like me. I'm so proud. :-)

Earlier this afternoon we tried to leave Sydney in the Take-Along swing to see if it could calm her for awhile. She was becoming cranky after a feeding and diaper change. She was tired but not quite ready to sleep. The Take-Along swing had flashing lights, different speed for the swing and a volume control for the music. It seemed to hold her attention for a few minutes. Then all hell broke loose. She didn't like to be strapped into the swing and not being held as she was falling asleep. It didn't help that she was pooping. She stirred around for about 3 seconds and started crying. I decided to follow a great number of advices to let her cry to train her. Two minutes went by with Tracie and I both sitting back ignoring her cries. Four minutes went by with Sydney now wailing at the top of her powerful lungs and turning 15 shades of blue. Daddy has had enough. I picked her up, and she immediately fell asleep on my chest as she let out a few more intermittent sobs for good measures. She is just too cute. I admit it; I'm whipped. I don't think it's healthy for her to be turning blue for too long anyway. Who wants a blueberry for a daughter?

Note to self: Be a man and let Sydney cry a little longer next time. Maybe I can try it after she is more than a month old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home