Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Our 2012 Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, Santa brought to Sydney... a big ol' box in blue wrapping.


Somehow, he managed to sneak it into my home office and frantically wrapped it before Sydney got home from gymnastics. I closed the door just as she was coming upstairs and intercepted her with some lame distraction to get her re-routed to her room to change out of her leotard. A few hours later, she wandered into my office and let out a "HOLY SMOKE!" I pretended not to notice the box and said: "What? What's the matter?" She excited asked: "LOOK AT THAT! WAS SANTA HERE?" I was "quite startled" at the sight of the large present in the office and wandered out loud how it got there. It must have been Santa but how did her get into the room without a chimney? He probably squeezed through the air vent.

We dragged the present downstairs to set it by the Christmas tree. It was juuuuuuust a little too big to fit under the tree. "What could it be?" Sydney wondered. "I bet it's a doll house." And she couldn't wait to find out.

On the second day of Christmas, Santa brought to Sydney a Monster High High School set ... play thingy. I'm not exactly sure what it is. It's a play set for her dolls, I suppose. Who knew she was into such ghoulish things.


All and all, she had a bunch of presents. Santa treated very well. She was such a happy girl when it was all set and done. As it turned out, what was in the giant box was not a doll house but rather...


a kitchen. She was thrilled. But that was not even the best part. Unbeknownst to me, she had asked her mom for a certain kind of doll. Her friend, Emma, has one and Sydney sure wanted one as well. She had left at least 2 notes to Santa asking for it. I guess Santa heard her and decided that she was so high on the nice list that she deserved it.


Sydney got her American Girl doll. Man, oh, man. I've been complaining about how ridiculously expensive those things are and how glad I was she was not into them. I guess I was wrong.


Did anyone notice the glasses? Yup, Sydney got her glasses a few weeks ago and was trying to get used to wearing them. Needless to say her doll, promptly named Emily, came with glasses and some other accessories. Poor house, here we come.

There has been no mention of presents for Tracie or me. Not so fast, Tracie did not have a present under the tree but it was coming. She ruined the surprise by asking me outright to get an iPhone 5. It was arriving the day after Christmas. I didn't want to lie so I glared at her and said yes, it was on its way. Oh well.

As for me, Tracie got me some of the coolest stuff. I got a new Baylor phone case, a new pair of suede shoes and some new winter clothes. Love it!

I must say that we are very fortunate. It was a great Christmas. We all got what we wanted and, for once, we didn't go anywhere and spent time at home. We got our first chance to put up the Christmas tree and decorations in 3 years. And for once, we had a family photo at home in front of our own tree.


Merry Christmas to all. Hope everyone had a safe and lovely time as we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home