Sunday, December 23, 2012

I'm a Little Gymnast, Short and Stout

I'm bad. I know it. Uh huh! Uh huh!

Sydney was very hesitant when we told her last May that we were signing her up for the competition level 3 team at the recommendation of her instructor. She was worried that she would not enjoy having to practice hard and taking gymnastics more seriously. In a way, she was right. She really didn't have as much fun as she did last year. But she was learning new skills. And that was important to us. She was having to train for 2.5 hours every Tuesday and Thursday as opposed to just 1 hour for two days. And she was going to learn to be part of a team. Gasp!

And then came time for her mock meet in December. She was not so sure she was ready. She was getting burnt out. She wasn't doing an hour of handstands every night and cartwheels all over the bedroom like she was before moving to Level 3. We ordered her team leotard and uniform. They finally arrived the week before the meet. Once she put them on, she was golden. She loved having the uniform and looking rather official.










It was hard to see in the picture but the back of her jacket said WORLD in glitter, which was the name of her gym.


She had to slick her hair back into a tight ponytail so that she could do her tumbling and flips without her hair exploding all over. She was ready!





If nothing else, Sydney was looking good! Let's see how she does in the coming months of competition. I got my fingers crossed. No matter what, I was so, so proud of my little gymnast.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The great leotards, my girls about the same age and in gymnastics I do prefer her wearing a higher cut in the leg and hips though I find you have to order them online. I think it gives them a lot more freedom of movement.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home