Sunday, April 23, 2006

Party recap

The party for Sydney's First Month Celebration was a splendid success. Guests arrived early. Guests arrived late. There were shoes and sandals lying everywhere near the front door where guests politely took off their shoes before (or shortly thereafter) entering our foyer. My mother-in-law has been up since the crack of dawn preparing for the feast. She made and fried 100 spring rolls, cooked up a platter of mouth-watering fried rice with all the special ingredients and whipped up a HUGE pot of soup resembling egg drop soup but I'm not sure what went in it. I just know it was gooooooood. At some point in the afternoon, she even found time to make deserts -- a multi-layered gelatin of some sort and a sticky rice dish. We filled the cooler with Heinekens, Coke, Sprite, and Nestle Iced Tea cans. Let the party begin!

We ate and ate and ate. Mother-in-law was loving the fact that her food was a hit. Tracie was beaming from all the praises of how beautiful little Sydney was. Everyone was eager to have a glimpse of Sydney in her little yellow dress and to wish her Happy Birthday. They had gifts, lots of gifts. It was tradition to give money at these things, as I found out. Sydney should have these celebrations every month. I could just quit my job and blog about each event. That would be sweet. But alas, the next event will be 11 months from now. I guess there's always Christmas. Muhahahahahaha!!!!

Sydney slept through the entire thing. She didn't wake when the guests smothered her with kisses and pinched her little cheeks. She didn't move when the guests gave up and handed the gifts to Tracie and extended their best wishes. Sydney did manage to stir a little about half way through dinner but went back to sleep, even after we picked her up and prodded her to wake. She was not about to be disturbed from her deep slumber. My baby will make a great CEO someday. Afterall, how many people do I know can make money, a lot of money, in their sleep. You go, girl!!

Overall, the party was a success. I can't believe I didn't take a single picture. I'm sure the family was grateful for a break from the shutterbug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home